Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Will your Valentine's be lovely? We shell see!


Greetings all! Excuse the inexcusable absence. There were no more excuses for not writing a post, so here I am. Today I have time, so today I will post what I have been up to craft-wise. Besides trying to finish a knit hat pattern, I had this easy yet adorable idea for Valentines day while we were in FL this January vacationing. It's cute, cheap and a great way to share shells that have gathered up in your craft closet.

First, we used card stock and patterned paper. Then we printed out some cute sayings like "You're so spe-shell" and "We shell always be friends".  I'm sure you can think up others somehow if ours don't appeal to you.

For the paper, I just used paste to put things in place since there was less mess, less wrinkles and less ink bleeding.


Now for the shells! When the inspiration hit, I had plenty of shells at my beck and call, so I tried to find ones about an inch wide which were also light since I wasn't sure how well the glue could handle heavy material. For glue, I just used mod podge  mainly because it dries clear and worked well enough with my light shells. The googly eyes were fun but I got the smallest pair, a bit tough for little P's fingers. I did see these at the store but I wanted to go with a classic craft look!


No comments:

Post a Comment